Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where has the time gone.....?

Three days left.
Normally, I would be completely ecstatic about the summer. And I am! Totally. But, somehow this year seems..... special. As if I won't be able to bear letting it die. What will my life consist of when I'm not rushing through these halls? When I'm not struggling through math homework? And what about the friends I only see at school? Cory, Sydney, Morgan, Reagan......
I'm not sure if this emptiness is just because this school will close down and I'll be going to another one, or some other change I'm overlooking, but I know it isn't fair. This summer is going to be great. I've got jobs set up all summer long. I've got a date set to dye my hair from this boring brown, to a brilliant red, and I've got a PARAMORE concert to go to for my birthday.
But yet..... It isn't the same as past years. I remember every year, rushing out the door, not a care in the world, the only thought in my mind screaming SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER!!
But now I'm reluctant. I walk slower to every class, stare longer at the paintings on the walls. As if I'm savoring the last of it. But I'm not. Noah will go here next year. I'll see it again.
But I'm fooling myself. It will be a different school, with different grades in it, different teachers. Different kids.
It won't be my school any more.
With all the feeling a teenager can muster,
Daizy

No comments:

Post a Comment